Kouvola Game Week offers something for everyone! Whether you are a simple game lover and user or game designer, researcher, teacher or entrepreneur – we got something for You! The whole week features a number of game-related workshops, seminars, networking opportunities as well as a 2-day Rapu Game Jam -hackathon. Weather You live in Kouvola or somewhere else, this is the chance to get to know both gaming and the city to host these events as it opens up for citizens, students, academics and entrepreneurs of all ages and backgrounds!
Our mission is to open up thinking about what games and skills within the sector can yield not just in traditional games made mainly for entertainment and fun, but within a broader spectrum in different fields, particularly those related to well-being, health and social inclusion. We believe games matter, and they can prove a powerful tool in making our lives better, easier and just more fun!
Most of the program is in Finnish, but check out these picks for our English-speaking audiences:
- Call for Papers now open! For more info please contact Tiina Nevanperä, tel. +358 44 7028 330, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rapu Game Jam – will host teams in both Finnish and English. For more information, please contact Miikka-Petteri Lesonen, tel. +358 44 702 8583, email@example.com.
- Wednesday evening lecture at the Library, more info later.
- Creative World -seminar is mainly in Finnish, but check out the Research Track on Day 1, where papers and projects are presented both in English and Finnish, as well as the parallel ”Girls just want to have Fun” track. For more info please contact Tiina Nevanperä, tel. +358 44 7028 330, firstname.lastname@example.org.
General info about Kouvola Game Week:
- Silja Suntola, tel. +358 50 4390 518, email@example.com